Woman hospitalized with life-threatening injuries after South Side stabbing, SAPD says

The suspect is now in police custody

Scene where stabbing suspect was arrested, Sept. 28, 2020.
Scene where stabbing suspect was arrested, Sept. 28, 2020. (Copyright 2020 by KSAT - All rights reserved.)

SAN ANTONIO – San Antonio police say a 35-year-old woman was rushed to the hospital with life-threatening injuries after a stabbing on the South Side.

The stabbing happened in the 230 block of Southwest Military Drive on Monday night.

Police say an argument with a man at a bus stop proceeded the stabbing. The woman was stabbed in the abdomen and had a puncture to her throat area, officials said.

The victim was transported to Brooke Army Medical Center.

The suspect, a man in his 40s, was arrested a few blocks away. Officials say the man had a knife on him.

Police say the victim and the suspect may know one another.

This is a developing story. We’ll update this article when new details become available.

Related: SAPD: Woman stabbed while walking with boyfriend at the River Walk, suspect still at large

About the Authors:

Before starting at KSAT in August 2011, Ken was a news photographer at KENS. Before that he was a news photographer at KVDA TV in San Antonio. Ken graduated from San Antonio College with an associate's degree in Radio, TV and Film. Ken has won a Sun Coast Emmy and four Lone Star Emmys. Ken has been in the TV industry since 1994.