SAN ANTONIO – Now that the wintry conditions in Texas and the San Antonio region have come to an end and power has been restored to most areas, residents are looking to restock their fridges and water supply.
The city has partnered with various organizations to help provide these crucial items to residents, and other businesses are contributing as well.
Here is a list of the water and food distribution centers available in the San Antonio region:
Food and Water Distribution Centers
- Black Laboratory Brewing is distributing free, filtered water at its location at 1602 E Houston Street on Sunday from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. Learn more here.
- City of San Antonio, Bexar County and San Antonio Food Bank will open a total of 13 bottled water distribution sites beginning Saturday, February 20, 2021. The sites will remain open for two weeks. Residents will be able to pick up one case of bottled water per day per household.
- The bottled water distribution sites will open Sunday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The sites will remain open through March 6.
- Bottled Water Distribution Sites (1 - 5 p.m. Saturday; 8 - 5 p.m. Sunday)
- Wheatley Heights Sports Complex – 200 Noblewood Dr.
- Brooks – Challenger Dr. @ Research Place
- Texas A&M University - San Antonio - Main Campus – One University Way
- Port San Antonio – 205 Billy Mitchell Blvd
- SeaWorld San Antonio/Aquatica – 10500 Sea World Drive
- Six Flags Fiesta Texas – 17000 IH 10 West
- Food Bank – 5200 Enrique M. Barrera Pkwy
- Our Lady of the Lake University -- 411 SW 24th St
- Community Bible Church – 2477 N Loop 1604 E
- Heroes Stadium – 4799 Thousand Oaks Dr.
- Rolling Oaks Mall -- 6909 N Loop 1604 E
- Bullis County Park – 27583 Old Blanco Rd
- Julius Matthey Middle School – 20350 Red Forest Ln
- Leon Valley Community Center - 6427 Evers Road
- AT&T Center - 1 AT&T Center Parkway
- City of Converse Community Center - 407 S. Seguin Road
- Volunteers are needed to help staff the distribution sites. Volunteer shifts are available Monday, February 22nd through Friday, February 26th from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Volunteers will assist with loading cases of water into vehicles and provide instructions at the distribution sites. The entire shift will be outdoors, and volunteers must be able to lift 20 pounds. Shift leaders are also needed to serve as an on-site contact for volunteers.
- To volunteer, click here to register.
- One of New Braunfels Utilities (NBU) and the City of New Braunfels water stations for area residents without water will extend services through Sunday. While NBU tanks are full and water pressure has been restored across the entire system on Saturday, the boil water notice remains in effect. Those in need of water can go to the New Braunfels Civic Center at 375 S. Castell Avenue, in New Braunfels. Residents need to bring their containers, sizes up to a five-gallon bucket, to the water station for filling. Besides water direct from the NBU water system (which is still subject to the boil water notice), the water station is also offering water that has gone through a purification process, eliminating the need to boil the water. Simply bring your container to the Civic Center (Castell St. Entrance) and request the purified water.
- On Tuesday, Feb. 23rd, the San Antonio Food bank will be hosting a food & water distribution center, from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., while supplies last. This will be located on the Brooks campus at 8130 Challenger Drive, near the 911 Call Center and Emergency Operations Center.
- Roadmap Brewing Company is distributing free, filtered water on Sunday from 12 p.m.-10 p.m. at 723 N Alamo Street. Residents are asked to bring their own containers. Learn more here.
- The San Antonio Water System has opened seven water distribution locations at its pump stations to provide customers with water. Beginning Saturday, operating hours will be 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. every day. The sites will be open until the water system is back to normal operating conditions. Customers will be allowed five gallons of water per person and will need to bring their own clean containers. For more information on where these distribution centers are located, click here.
- Weathered Souls Brewing is distributing free, filtered water at its location at 606 Embassy Oaks on Sunday. Learn more here.
We’ll update this story as more distribution centers become available.