After two weeks and hundreds of votes, we are now down to the final three in KSAT 12′s Tasty Taco Showdown! The final three in alphabetical order are...drumroll please:
- Taquitos West
These three taco spots were voted on by KSAT Insiders and viewers! The other three in the second round were Original Donut Shop, Pete’s Tako House and Ray’s Drive Inn. We appreciate the support for those great taco spots, but now we move on to the championship round.
Let’s go on to the final round of voting. Pick your favorite from these three taco spots and we’ll reveal the champion on KSAT News Now on Oct. 13 at 11 a.m!
Just a reminder, this evolved from a recent episode of KSAT Explains that dove deep into the local taco culture and how the food has helped shaped the identity of the Alamo City. You can watch it here. (Voting results for Round 1 below.)
What is KSAT News Now?
KSAT News Now streams live on all KSAT digital platforms each Wednesday at 11 a.m.
Join hosts Alicia Barrera and RJ Marquez for accurate reporting and entertaining conversation around the biggest and most talked-about news of the day.
How To Stream
Wednesdays at 11 a.m.
- KSAT-TV, our free streaming app that works with most Smart TVs and devices like Roku, Firestick
What is KSAT Explains?
Almost every week, the KSAT Explains team dives deep into a single topic that needs more context.
KSAT Explains is your free, in-depth streaming program. It’s strictly online — that means you can’t find us on channel 12.
Being exclusively on digital platforms gives us the ability to take as much or as little time as we need to dive into any given topic. It also gives you, the viewer, the opportunity to watch on-demand, whenever you have 15 or 20 minutes. There are a lot of perks and several options.
Here’s a list of all the ways you can watch KSAT Explains.
- All new and past episodes of KSAT Explains are available to view any time on a mobile device or desktop at ksat.com/Explains
- All episodes are also available to watch on-demand on the free KSAT-TV streaming app, which works with Roku, and many smart TVs and devices.
- At 7 p.m. on Tuesdays, we’ll livestream new episodes on KSAT.com and the KSAT-TV streaming app.
- The best way to get notified about new episodes is by signing up to receive the KSAT Explains newsletter - you’ll also get personally written emails from the team behind the project.
Watch past KSAT Explains episodes here:
- What the future of pro sports could look like in San Antonio
- The local Black Lives Matter protests
- San Antonio’s hidden Black history