Five migrants found inside home on city’s South Side

Victims appear to be OK, were thirsty and given water, BCSO says

SAN ANTONIO – Five human smuggling victims were found inside a home Tuesday on the city’s South Side, according to the Bexar County Sheriff’s Office.

Just after 6 a.m., deputies with BCSO made a traffic stop not far from the home located in the 400 block of Pyron, said Deputy Johnny Garcia, a BCSO spokesman.

During the stop, deputies detained a male subject after finding a kilo of cocaine in the vehicle.

As their investigation continued, BCSO made their way to the home and applied for a search warrant, Garcia said.

Deputies executed the search warrant and found five migrants inside a two-story home, Garcia said. There were four males and one female inside the residence, all from Mexico. Their ages ranged from 20-40 years old.

You can watch the BCSO news conference in the video player below.

None of the victims displayed any severe injuries but were thirsty and given water, according to Garcia.

BCSO detained a male at the residence.

As investigators searched the property, they found several thousands of dollars, a stolen vehicle and weapons.

According to BCSO, multiple agencies are assisting in the ongoing investigation.

The two men detained will more than likely face charges of human smuggling, Garcia said.

Also on KSAT.com:

About the Authors

Mason Hickok is a digital journalist at KSAT. He graduated from the University of Texas at San Antonio with a communication degree and a minor in film studies. He also spent two years working at The Paisano, the independent student newspaper at UTSA. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys the outdoors, walking his dogs and listening to podcasts.

Adam Barraza is a photojournalist at KSAT 12 and an El Paso native. He interned at KVIA, the local ABC affiliate, while still in high school. He then moved to San Antonio and, after earning a degree from San Antonio College and the University of the Incarnate Word, started working in news. He’s also a diehard Dodgers fan and an avid sneakerhead.