Sewage leak at Northwest Side apartment complex fixed, city says

Neighbors told KSAT the problem persisted for months

SAN ANTONIO – Officials with a city code enforcement team have said an ongoing sewage leak at a Northwest Side apartment complex has been fixed.

Earlier this month, KSAT found feces, toilet paper, and frustrated neighbors at the apartments. They said the problematic leak had been filling the parking lot of their Northwest Side apartment complex for several months.

The code enforcement team told KSAT that any sewage leak violates the health code. After issuing the property manager a violation, the apartment was given 10 days to fix the issue, the team said.

A code enforcement team visited the complex on Tuesday, telling KSAT the apartment addressed the issue and was now compliant.

The apartments and property management company have yet to return repeated calls from KSAT.

Are you experiencing issues with your apartment complex? The city’s Development Services Department said residents can call 3-1-1; this helps the department keep track of recurring issues.

The city can also place an apartment complex in its Proactive Apartment Inspections Program if necessary.

About the Authors

Mason Hickok is a digital journalist at KSAT. He graduated from the University of Texas at San Antonio with a communication degree and a minor in film studies. He also spent two years working at The Paisano, the independent student newspaper at UTSA. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys the outdoors, reading and watching movies.

John Paul Barajas is a reporter at KSAT 12. Previously, he worked at KRGV 5 in the Rio Grande Valley. He has a degree from the University of Houston. In his free time, he likes to get a workout in, spend time on the water and check out good eats and drinks.