It’s the most wonderful time of the year!
If you need a perfect holiday side dish for Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, H-E-B has provided a delicious roasted fennel with bacon rosemary crumbs recipe to try out.
1 cup(s) H‑E‑B Pitmaster Bacon, diced small
2 medium fennel bulbs, approximately 12 ounces, thinly sliced, green tops removed
5 oz. H‑E‑B Select Ingredients Onion & Garlic Premium Croutons
2 tbsp. fresh rosemary, leaves only, stems discarded
1. In a large cast iron skillet, add bacon and stir-fry for 8 to 12 minutes or until bacon is crispy.
2. With a slotted spoon, remove bacon to drain onto some paper towels. Allow to cool; reserve 2 tablespoons of bacon fat for fennel.
3. Preheat oven to 400˚F. In a bowl, toss fennel with bacon fat and a generous pinch of salt and pepper to coat.
4. In same cast iron skillet, evenly layer sliced fennel in pan.
5. Place in oven and roast for 20 to 25 minutes or until fennel is just soft and starting to caramelize.
6. While fennel is roasting, place croutons, rosemary and bacon bits into a food processor. Pulse until crumbs resemble panko breadcrumb texture. Set aside.
7. Once fennel is roasted, place onto a serving dish and sprinkle rosemary crumbs over fennel. Season to taste, as needed. Click here for nutritional information.
[Related: How to grill vegetables and fruits from Chef Scott, Recipe: Garlicky butternut squash and ground turkey, Recipe: 20-minute air fryer green chili chicken bake, Recipe: Jalapeño dog with crispy BBQ onions, Recipe: Grilled Mahi Mahi tostadas, Recipe: Cucumber mint and lime mocktail margarita, Recipe: Tomato, jalapeño and cheesy bread salad, Recipe: Vanilla poached apples with granola and yogurt, How to do Thanksgiving right – plus, a recipe for Texas pecan green bean casserole, 3 things you can bake with this multi-use pie dough recipe, Air fryer recipe: Honey butter party mix, You’re invited: These free virtual classes will prepare you for Christmas dinner, Looking to save time in the kitchen this holiday season? Try ready-to-go meals]
H-E-B recommends trying Altstadt Kolsch for the beer pairing and Josh Pinot Gris for the wine pairing.