You can now buy groceries, household items through Walgreen’s drive-thru
24-hour locations will have drive-thru open overnight
Walgreen’s customers can now buy grocery items and household goods through its pharmacy drive-thru’s.
The retailer said drivers can pull up to the window and ask for a menu of items, including groceries, medicine, baby formula, medical supplies and household goods.
Customers do not have to preorder or leave their car, according to the Walgreens website.
The retailer is making the service available as the nation promotes social distancing during the novel coronavirus pandemic.
Walgreen’s has also altered store hours to allow for thorough cleaning and enough time for restocking.
The majority of stores are open from 9 a.m.-9 p.m. daily. Stores that are normally 24 hours will have an overnight drive-thru available from 9 p.m.-9 a.m.
A senior shopping hour is available from 8-9 a.m. every Tuesday.
COVID-19, the respiratory disease caused by the new virus, stands for coronavirus disease 2019. The disease first appeared in late 2019 in Wuhan, China, but spread around the world in early 2020, causing the World Health Organization to declare a pandemic in March.
MORE CORONAVIRUS COVERAGE FROM KSAT:
- Explained: San Antonio, Bexar County issue ‘Stay Home, Work Safe’ order. Here’s what that means.
- Map: Track COVID-19 cases in Texas, county-by-county updates
- These are all the Texas cities and counties that have issued stay-at-home orders
- What to do if you lose your job
- Map: Where San Antonio-area students can find free school meals during closures
- SAQ: Your coronavirus questions answered
- 8 ways to help your fellow San Antonians during coronavirus pandemic
- Track live coronavirus updates in the US, globally with real-time maps of confirmed cases, deaths
- The ultimate coronavirus guide: From preparedness and prevention to testing and treatment
- Database shows COVID-19 cases, deaths, hospital beds, vulnerable populations by county in U.S.
- ’SA Food 2 Go:’ Search nearby restaurants offering to-go, delivery around San Antonio
- Resources from World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, City of San Antonio
Copyright 2020 by KSAT - All rights reserved.