Bexar County to distribute 1 million face masks to local businesses

Each business is set to receive 100 masks to comply with new county executive order

Bexar County, TX – Bexar County, in an effort to comply with a new executive order, will distribute one million masks to local businesses to help combat a second wave of COVID-19.

Masks will be distributed Wednesday at the Freeman Coliseum and on June 27 at the BiblioTech South location. Business owners will need to bring their confirmation email.

Related: H-E-B will once again require face coverings in Bexar County after new executive order

All commercial entities in Bexar County providing goods or services to the public are eligible to receive the mask donations. Each business will receive 100 masks and they will be distributed on a first come, first served basis, according to county officials.

The masks will only be made available to businesses who have pre-registered before the event. They will receive a confirmation email once they have successfully registered.

Masks are available to all small businesses within the county, including the City of San Antonio and suburban cities. Businesses can complete the online registration form here.

Online registration for the masks began on June 19.

Related: New Bexar County executive order mandates face coverings at all businesses when social distancing is not possible

Bexar County Judge Nelson Wolff said the mask distribution is an effort to both safely reopen local businesses and to limit community spread of COVID-19.

“No business should have to turn away a customer for not having a facial covering,” Wolff said in a press release. “Distributing these masks will not only help to prevent community spread COVID-19 cases, but will alleviate some of the pressures our business community faces while trying to reopen safely and caring for their staff members.”