Joe Rogan cancels podcasts and operations after show producer tests positive for COVID-19

Rogan and his staff are awaiting an “all clear” from their doctor

Joe Rogan cancels podcasts and operations after show producer tests positive for COVID-19 (Copyright 2020 by KSAT - All rights reserved.)

AUSTIN – Joe Rogan, the host of the Joe Rogan Experience, comedian and UFC fight commentator, has canceled all podcasts and is shutting operations down after a staff member tested positive for COVID-19.

Rogan, who moved to Texas from California in August, announced Tuesday in an Instagram video that the show’s producer Jamie Vernon tested positive for the virus and they will be awaiting an “all clear” from the show’s consulting physician.

A scheduled interview with Kanye West has been canceled in the wake of Vernon’s infection.

Just last week, the rapper tweeted that Rogan had let him design the studio where the interview would take place.

Rogan said he tested negative for the virus and so did the rest of his staff members.

“Young @jamievernon tested positive for COVID-19,” Rogan said in the Instagram video. “I tested negative, and the rest of the staff tested negative but we’re shutting everything down until we get an all clear from our doctor.”

Rogan said he was out of town last week and the shows rolled out had been previously recorded, so he had not seen Vernon in nine days, excluding briefly on Tuesday.

“I was out of town last week and the shows that aired had all been previously recorded,” Rogan said in the video. “So, I haven’t had any contact with Jamie in the past nine days except for briefly today, but I’m staying away from everyone and being tested every day until I know I’m in the clear."

Rogan said he would keep listeners updated when the show will resume.

"I’ll keep you folks posted as to when the show will resume,” Rogan said.

For updates, stay tuned to Joe Rogan on social media.

Read also:

Gone to Texas: Joe Rogan makes good on Texas move

Did Trump just volunteer for a debate with Biden moderated by Joe Rogan?

Petition to have a presidential debate moderated by Joe Rogan now just shy of 300,000 signatures