SAN ANTONIO – The 53 people killed in the San Antonio migrant tragedy have all been identified by the Bexar County Medical Examiner’s Office.
On Monday, the office released the final list of the names of the victims, whose next of kin have been notified of their deaths.
The 53 victims — ranging from 13 to 55 years old — have been conclusively identified by the ME’s Office. They include 26 people from Mexico, 21 from Guatemala and six from Honduras.
They were killed in what’s being called the deadliest migrant smuggling incident in recent U.S. history, and the largest mass casualty event in San Antonio.
On June 27, a tractor-trailer holding dozens of migrants was found on Quintana Road on the Southwest Side. Inside the sweltering trailer, people were packed with no water, no air-conditioning, and no ventilation.
The driver, Homero Zamorano, said he didn’t know the truck’s air conditioning unit was not working. Forty-eight people died at the scene from heat-related illnesses, and five people died at area hospitals.
Here’s the list of the victims.
Victims from Guatemala:
- Aracely Marroquin Coronado, a 21-year-old woman.
- Blanca Ramirez Crisostomo, a 23-year-old woman.
- Celestina Ambrocio Orozco, a 22-year-old woman.
- Deisy Lopez Ramirez, a 24-year-old woman.
- Doniz Galvez De leon, a 19-year-old man.
- Enrique Chavez, a 37-year-old man.
- Fidelino Ramirez Sanchez, a 28-year-old man.
- Francisco Tepaz Simaj, a 22-year-old man.
- Jonny Tziquin Tzoc, a 17-year-old boy.
- Juan Tulul Tepaz, a 14-year-old boy from Nahualá, Sololá.
- Juan Vasquez Morales, a 24-year-old man.
- Karla Lopez Espana, a 22-year-old woman.
- Maria Ramirez Alvarado, a 24-year-old woman.
- Nicolas Meletz Guarcax, a 31-year-old man.
- Pascual Melvin Guachiac Sipac, a 13-year-old boy from from Nahualá, Sololá.
- Sebastian Och Mejia, a 31-year-old man.
- William Ramirez Alvarado, a 19-year-old man.
- Yeison Jimenez Abelarde, a 20-year-old man.
- Denis Nis Barrios, a 20-year-old man.
- Rudy Chilel Yoc, a 35-year-old man.
- Wilson Ambrocio Lopez, a 20-year-old man.
Victims from Honduras:
- Adela Ramirez Quezada, a 27-year-old woman.
- Alejandro Andino, a 23-year-old man.
- Belkis Anariba Caceres, a 33-year-old woman.
- Fernando Redondo Caballero, an 18-year-old man.
- Margie Paz Grajeda, a 25-year-old woman.
- Yazmin Nayarith Bueso Nunez, a 37-year-old woman.
Victims from Mexico:
- Alvaro Ojeda Salazar, a 23-year-old man.
- Efrain Ferrel Garcia, a 22-year-old man.
- Fernando Gallegos Garcia, a 38-year-old man.
- Francisco Javier Delgado Rodriguez, a 32-year-old man.
- Gustavo Daniel Santillan Santillan, a 27-year-old man.
- J Marcial Trejo Hernandez, a 38-year-old man.
- Jair Valencia Olivares, a 20-year-old man.
- Javier Flores Lopez, a 35-year-old man.
- Jesus Alvarez Ortega, a 43-year-old man.
- Jose Guadalupe Lopez Muniz, a 35-year-old man.
- Jozue Diaz Gallardo, a 34-year-old man.
- Juan Jesus Trejo Tellez, a 31-year-old man.
- Juan Valeriano Domitilo, a 55-year-old man.
- Maria Guadalupe Montero Serrato, a 28-year-old woman.
- Mariano Santiago Hipolito, a 32-year-old man.
- Mayra Beltran Frausto, a 31-year-old woman.
- Misael Olivares Monterde, a 16-year-old boy.
- Omar Rico Almanza, a 29-year-old man.
- Pablo Ortega Alvarez, a 20-year-old man.
- Pedro Telles Gonzalez, a 16-year-old boy.
- Yovani Valencia Olivares, a 16-year-old boy.
- Jose Antonio Perez Ramirez, a 29-year-old man.
- Julio Lopez Lopez, a 32-year-old man.
- Marcos Antonio Velasco Velasco, an 18-year-old man.
- Miriam Ramirez Garcia, a 22-year-old woman.
- Oscar Aguado Romero, a 30-year-old man.
Sixteen people were initially taken to area hospitals for treatment of heat-related illnesses. Five of those victims died and some have been treated and released. Four migrant patients remain in San Antonio area hospitals as of Friday morning.
- Christus Health currently has one patient at Westover Hills whose condition has not been released.
- Metropolitan has one male patient in critical condition. The female patient has been discharged.
- University Health has one adolescent male patient in serious condition.