Happy New Year!
To kick off 2021, the chefs at H-E-B have prepared a delicious recipe of sheet pan bruschetta chicken with potatoes that’s perfect for meal prepping.
16 oz. H‑E‑B Italian Herb Baby Potatoes
24 oz. H‑E‑B Angel Sweet Tomatoes
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp fresh garlic, minced
2 pounds H‑E‑B Natural Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, about 3 full chicken breasts
2 tbsp Fini Modena Reduction of Balsamic Vinegar, as needed
1/2 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped as needed for topping
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a sheet pan with foil or parchment paper.
2. Arrange frozen potatoes evenly on prepared pan.
3. In a bowl, combine tomatoes, olive oil and garlic, toss to coat then spread out on sheet pan.
4. Cut chicken breasts into thirds on a bias or angle so they will lay flat in pan. Season liberally with salt and pepper and place evenly among vegetables.
5. Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
6. Remove from oven and rest at least 15 minutes.
7. Drizzle with balsamic reduction and sprinkle chopped basil over pan evenly before serving. Season to taste as needed. For the nutritional information, click or tap here.
[Related: How to grill vegetables and fruits from Chef Scott, Recipe: Garlicky butternut squash and ground turkey, Recipe: 20-minute air fryer green chili chicken bake, Recipe: Jalapeño dog with crispy BBQ onions, Recipe: Grilled Mahi Mahi tostadas, Recipe: Cucumber mint and lime mocktail margarita, Recipe: Tomato, jalapeño and cheesy bread salad, Recipe: Vanilla poached apples with granola and yogurt, How to do Thanksgiving right – plus, a recipe for Texas pecan green bean casserole, 3 things you can bake with this multi-use pie dough recipe, Air fryer recipe: Honey butter party mix, You’re invited: These free virtual classes will prepare you for Christmas dinner, Looking to save time in the kitchen this holiday season? Try ready-to-go meals, Recipe: Chermoula served with black-eyed peas]
H-E-B recommends trying Saint Arnold Juicy IPA for the beer pairing and Lightly Pinot Noir for the wine option.