Feast your eyes on a cooler-than-average forecast this Thanksgiving week...
- TEMPS: The Thanksgiving forecast is trending cloudier and cooler, with high temperatures struggling to break out of the 50s
- RAIN: It’s possible that one or two light rain showers will develop earlier in the day - currently a 20% chance Thursday morning. Some sunshine will return by late afternoon.
- TRAVEL: No major issues on the roadways across Texas during the week. However, there could be some rain along the main highways on Sunday (11/26).
Behind a cold front that arrived Monday, the weather will be fairly quiet in San Antonio and great for those traveling.
- Wednesday will be mostly sunny and cool. After starting off in the 30s in many locations, plenty of sunshine and dry air will help high temperatures top off in the mid 60s.
WEDNESDAY NIGHT & THANKSGIVING (11/23)
A low-pressure system will develop in Mexico and move into the Rio Grande Valley -- where rain chances are highest. For those of us in San Antonio and the Hill Country, this low means clouds will increase Wednesday night and there is a chance for isolated, light rain Thanksgiving morning.
Here’s where the Thanksgiving Day forecast stands:
- MORNING: Cloudy and chilly - in the 40s. There is an isolated chance for a few light showers closer to San Antonio, right now it’s at about 20%. Dress warm if you’re planning on getting the smoker going early in the morning or participating in a Turkey Trot.
- MIDDAY: Mostly cloudy and cool, in the mid-50s.
- AFTERNOON: Skies will be clearing. Expect a cool high near 60 degrees. Some locations may struggle to break out of the upper 50s where cloud cover holds on a bit longer.
- NIGHT: Quickly cooling under clearing skies. Temps in the 40s.
BLACK FRIDAY (11/24)
Whether you’re planning on sleeping off the food coma or rushing to go shopping, it’ll be a slightly warmer, but still a cool day Friday. Look for a morning low in the 40s with an afternoon high in the mid-60s under mostly sunny skies. Overall -- a great day to put up the outdoor holiday decorations, too!
SATURDAY (11/25) & SUNDAY (11/26)
- Cloudier Saturday with highs in the low-60s and an isolated chance for rain (20%).
- A cold front will sweep across Texas Sunday, making it to San Antonio by midday. Temperatures will be in the 50s and there could be areas of rain for those traveling back home across Texas. We’ll keep you posted!
Read more from the meteorologists on the Whatever the Weather page
Download KSAT’s weather app for customized, accurate forecasts in San Antonio, South Texas or wherever you are
Find the latest forecasts, radar and alerts on the KSAT Weather Authority page