SAN ANTONIO – The city, county and state each issued new public health emergency declarations this week that prohibits large gatherings of more than 10 people. The declaration comes in response to the novel coronavirus outbreak. While places of worship are excluded from the group gatherings ban, many local churches are still deciding to cancel services.
Changes to church services in and around San Antonio:
*This list will be updated as we are notified by churches.
- Archdiocese of San Antonio has asked all parishes to follow the 10-people limit for daily Masses. If parishes are unable to limit the size, they will cancel the public liturgy and celebrate Mass without a congregation, Archbishop Gustavo Garcia-Siller announced on Friday. He also instructed pastors to make Masses available over social media. All non-essential gatherings at parishes are canceled or postponed through the month of March. Click here to read the archbishop’s full decree regarding burials, weddings and baptisms.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has canceled all services and public gatherings until further notice. Get more information at churchofjesuschrist.org.
- Community Bible Church canceling on-campus worship gatherings through March 23. Services will be shown online at onlinechurch.com.
- Concordia will have online worship only until further notice. Saturdays at 6 p.m.; Sundays at 8, 9:30, and 11 a.m. and 5pm at Concordia.cc.
- CrossBridge Community Church will have services online at 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. Sunday at crossbridgecommunitychurch.com.
- The Door Christian Fellowship San Antonio has canceled gatherings but will livestream services at thedoorsanantonio.com.
- First Chinese Baptist Church is closed for services for the next three Sundays. Services will be available online through the churches webpage.
- First Presbyterian Church is closed for services. An online service will be video streamed at 11 a.m. Sunday on its website.
- Grace Point Church, Medical Center campus has canceled all on-campus events until further notice. Worship services will be online only, Sundays at 10 a.m. at gracepointsa.churchonline.org.
- Grace Point Church, West campus has canceled all on-campus events until further notice. Worship services will be online only, Sundays at 10 a.m. at gracepointwest.online.church
- Luminous Church will close services. An online service will be streamed on its website.
- Praise Cathedral of SA has canceled all services and public gatherings. Online worship experiences are available Sundays at 11:00 a.m. on Facebook.
- Oak Hills Church has canceled all on-campus worship services and ministry activities. Services will be available to watch online.
- Redeemer Lutheran Church is closed for now. Sermons are online at redeemersatx.com.
- River City Community Church is canceling all campus events through March 23. Services will be shown via live stream at www.reallife.org/live.
- San Antonio Aviva/Hadassah Chapter Shabbat service scheduled for March 21 has been postponed.
- St. Mark’s Episcopal Church is closed for services. The church will host a virtual Morning Prayer Service at 10 a.m. in lieu of the regular services (7:45 am, 9 am, an 11:15 am).
- Wayside Chapel has canceled all mid-week and Sunday services at both campuses until further notice. Services will be livestreamed at waysidechapel.org/live.