SAN ANTONIO – Editor’s note: This story will be updated throughout early voting, which runs from Oct. 13 through Oct. 30. See more voting resources here.
More people voted during the second day of early voting than on the first day, according to new statistics released by the Bexar County Elections Office on Wednesday night.
On Tuesday, a total of 33,111 people cast their ballot at polling locations throughout the county. That number was surpassed by the 36,892 voters on Wednesday that turned out to vote at Bexar County’s 48 polling sites.
Ten voting locations brought in more than 1,000 voters each on Wednesday, according to the elections department.
A record number of Bexar County residents — 1,181,000 — are registered to vote for this presidential election.
To accommodate for better social distancing and a higher voter turnout, the county has set up four large polling sites at the AT&T Center, Palo Alto College, St. Paul Community Center and Alzafar Shrine Auditorium.
The AT&T Center exceeded its Tuesday record, with 2,134 ballots cast on Wednesday. Official report 1,560 people voted at the site on Tuesday.
The AT&T Center saw the most amount of voters on Wednesday, followed by the typically frequented voting sites of John Igo Library, Great Northwest Library and Wonderland of the Americas at Crossroads.
WATCH: Voters flock to the polls at mega voting sites
The Somerset City Hall had the least amount of visitors Wednesday with 338 total votes.
For a list of early voting locations and hours, click here.
Here are the lists of Bexar County polling locations that have seen the most and least amount of voters so far, as of Wednesday evening. The following numbers are total votes from the second day of early voting.
Busiest polling locations
- AT&T Center, 1 AT&T Center Parkway: 2,134 total votes
- John Igo Library, 13330 Kyle Seale Pkwy.: 1,478 total votes
- Great Northwest Library, 9050 Wellwood St.: 1,269 total votes
- Alzafar Shrine Auditorium, 901 N. Loop 1604 W.: 1,228 total votes
- Brookhollow Library, 530 Heimer Rd.: 1,134 total votes
- Leon Valley Conference Center, 6427 Evers Road: 1,117 total votes
- Wonderland of the Americas @ Crossroads, 4522 Fredericksburg Road: 1,110 total votes
- Tobin Library @ Oakwell, 4134 Harry Wurzbach Rd.: 1,094 total votes
- Northwest Vista College (Mountain Laurel), 3535 N Ellison Drive: 1,024 total votes
- Maury Maverick Library, 8700 Mystic Park: 1,015 total votes
Least busy polling locations
- Somerset City Hall, 7360 E 6th St.: 338 total votes
- Southside ISD Administration Building, 1460 Martinez Losoya Rd.: 358 total votes
- Southwest ISD Administration building, 11914 Dragon Lane: 375 total votes
- Frank Garrett Multi Service Center, 1226 NW 18th St.: 422 total votes
- Collins Garden Library, 200 N. Park Blvd.: 433 total votes
- Cortez Library, 2803 Hunter Blvd.: 485 total votes
- Copernicus Community Center, 5003 Lord Road: 495 total votes
- Harlandale Civic Center, 115 W. Southcross Blvd.: 515 total votes
- Thousand Oaks/El Sendero Library, 4618 Thousand Oaks Dr.: 519 total votes
- Claude Black Center, 2805 E. Commerce: 529 total votes