Man facing murder charge after North Side shooting, police say

Suspect was arguing with girlfriend when he fired gun, police say

Kevin Lee Perez, 33, has been charged with murder, according to SAPD. Image: Bexar County Jail (KSAT)

SAN ANTONIOUpdate:

A man is facing a murder charge in connection to a deadly shooting on the city’s North Side, San Antonio police say.

According to police, Kevin Lee Perez, 33, was arguing with his girlfriend and fired his weapon several times as a vehicle was passing by.

Police say at least one bullet hit the victim in the 7700 block of Oakdell Drive on Tuesday night.

The victim, a 35-year-old man, crashed five miles away at the intersection of Moss Rock and Robin Hill Drive.

Police say they found the man dead on arrival with a gunshot wound to his upper body and severe head trauma.

According to police, there were no reports of shots fired, road rage or any other disturbance, and officers did not locate any witnesses to the shooting.

Original:

A man with a gunshot wound was found dead in his vehicle after San Antonio police responded to a car crash on Tuesday night.

Police officers responded to the scene around 8 p.m. at Mossrock and Robin Hill Drive, where they found the man with a gunshot wound to his upper body.

The man, 35, also suffered severe head trauma, possibly from striking the windshield during the crash. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

According to SAPD, there were no reports of shots fired, road rage or any other disturbance, and officers did not locate any witnesses.

Meanwhile, officers also responded to a burglary in progress at 7710 Oakdell Way, about five miles from where the man was found dead.

According to SAPD, a man said his home was burglarized and he shot at the burglary suspect’s vehicle as he fled.

The shooter told police that he shot at the man’s car “without intentions of hitting the victim,” according to SAPD spokesperson Sgt. Matthew Brown.

Brown said homicide detectives are investigating if the two incidents are connected. He added that the “calls were almost simultaneously dispatched.”

Police have not released the identity of the man found dead.

The case is still under investigation, police said.

Read also:

About the Authors

Rebecca Salinas is an award-winning digital journalist who joined KSAT in 2019. She reports on a variety of topics for KSAT 12 News.