SAN ANTONIO – For all the information about vaccines and boosters in San Antonio, click here.
Health officials are also encouraging people to get the COVID-19 vaccine booster shot if they are eligible.
Booster shots are available for Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccine recipients who completed their initial regimen, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Patients between 12 years and older can get a Pfizer vaccine at least five months after completing their first series. Patients 18 and older, who received any shot, can get either the Pfizer or Moderna booster shot five or six months after their first series, respectively. Read more details from the CDC here.
If you qualify and would like to get the booster shot, here are some options on where to go:
- Alamodome: The Metropolitan Health District is offering a drive-through vaccination clinic at the Alamodome on Wednesdays through Friday . The drive-thru vaccine clinic is open from noon-8 p.m. on those days. No appointment is necessary, but people can book a spot online. Individuals will need to take their immunization cards to confirm their two previous inoculations. Booster doses for ages 12 to 15 will begin on Jan. 12.
- Costco: The wholesale grocery chain says COVID-19 vaccine availability varies by location. To schedule an appointment, click here.
- CVS: The booster shot is available at CVS locations throughout Texas. Those interested are encouraged to make an appointment online at CVS.com or MinuteClinic.com to make sure their preferred time, date and location are available. When scheduling an appointment, people will be asked to provide the manufacturer and date of their last COVID-19 vaccine.
- H-E-B: Patients must schedule an appointment for their booster dose at H-E-B stores online. People should bring their COVID-19 vaccine record to their booster appointment.
- Metro Health pop-up clinics: Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine booster doses will be given at all Metro Health vaccine pop-up clinics. No registration is needed, according to the city’s website. For any questions, call 311 or 210-207-6000 (select option 8), or email COVIDemail@example.com. For a list of pop-up clinics, click here.
- Sam’s Club: Patients can schedule their appointment for the Pfizer COVID-19 booster shot online.
- University Health: University Health is offering Pfizer and Moderna boosters at the Wonderland of the Americas from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday through Friday, and the Robert B. Green Campus from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Saturday. No appointment or registration is needed.
- Walgreens: Eligible individuals can make an appointment at Walgreens to get the COVID-19 vaccine booster shot. Immunizations can be scheduled by visiting Walgreens.com/ScheduleVaccine, by calling 1-800-Walgreens or by contacting a local Walgreens store. For more information on requirements, click here.
- Walmart: The chain is offering the booster shot both in-store and at off-site events at skilled nursing facilities. To schedule an appointment at a store, you can scan a QR code that’s directly in Walmart stores or visit Walmart’s website. Stores also have walk-in availability.
For a full list of vaccination sites in Bexar County, click here.