SAN ANTONIO – Due to inclement weather, many San Antonio-area attractions, museums and businesses decided to keep their doors shut or delay opening on Thursday.
Places like the Alamo and the Witte Museum will stay closed due to cold/freezing rain and below-freezing temperatures, which have resulted in ice accumulation on the roadways.
State and local officials are asking residents to limit travel, as the road conditions may cause driving hazards. Read more on the forecast here.
These are some of the most popular public places and businesses in the San Antonio area that are either staying closed or opening later on Thursday. The list will be updated but it’s not meant to be a complete list of every business, so be sure to call ahead before heading to a business or appointment.
- The Alamo: Due to inclement weather, the Alamo will be closed Thursday, Feb. 3. Visitors who purchased tickets for guided tours or free-timed tickets to enter the Church will have their purchases refunded or tours rescheduled at their discretion. For reservation changes, email email@example.com.
- The Briscoe Western Art Museum: The museum will be closed on Thursday, Feb. 3.
- The DoSeum: Due to inclement weather for San Antonio and the surrounding region, The DoSeum will be closed on Thursday, Feb. 3. Normal operating hours are expected to resume on Friday, Feb. 4.
- Goodwill San Antonio: All San Antonio, Kerrville, New Braunfels, Cibolo and Seguin stores and donation locations will remain closed through Thursday, Feb. 3. All San Antonio-area Good Careers Academies and Good Careers Centers will stay closed on Thursday, Feb. 3. Those needing career assistance are encouraged to call 210-271-8880 or email GCCInfo@goodwillsa.org for assistance.
- H-E-B: H-E-B stores in San Antonio metro area, Kerrville, Fredericksburg New Braunfels, Lytle, Seguin, Floresville, Pleasanton, Schertz, Spring branch, Boerne, La Vernia will close at 6 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 3. These stores will open at 8 a.m. on Friday, Feb. 4.
- HealthTexas: All HealthTexas clinics in San Antonio and New Braunfels will be closing at noon Thursday, Feb. 3 and reopening at noon Friday, Feb. 4. Patients with appointments will have a televisit.
- The McNay: Due to expected inclement weather, the Museum galleries and grounds will be closed on Thursday, Feb. 3.
- San Antonio Botanical Garden: The garden will be closed on Thursday, Feb. 3.
- San Antonio Humane Society: The San Antonio Humane Society is closed Thursday and Friday due to the inclement weather. Our pets will be kept warm and well taken care of during this time.
- San Antonio Museum of Art: The museum will be closed to the public on Thursday, Feb. 3 due to inclement weather.
- San Antonio Public Library locations: Libraries closed Thursday at 2:30 p.m. A decision on Friday, February 4 service hours will be communicated once determined.
- San Antonio Zoo: Due to inclement weather conditions, the San Antonio Zoo, Kiddie Park, and the San Antonio Zoo Train will be closed on Thursday, Feb. 3.
- Santikos Entertainment: Theaters will be closed to the public on Thursday, Feb. 3.
- Tower of the Americas: The tower will be opening at 1 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 3.
- WellMed: Clinics and corporate offices in the San Antonio market will continue telemedicine and remote work on Friday. WellMed at Floresville and WellMed at Pleasanton will open at normal business hours. Extended hours clinics will open at normal business hours on Saturday.
- Witte Museum: The museum will be closed Thursday, Feb. 3. For updates and additional information, visit www.WitteMuseum.org or call 210-357-1900.
- YMCA of San Antonio: All YMCA facilities and Y early learning centers are closed on Thursday, Feb 3.