Looking for a new Christmas recipe? Check out this new Shiner Beer cheese recipe from Texas Eats!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/3 cups Shiner Bock
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano and parsley mix
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp coarse Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups cheddar cheese
- 2 cups Gruyère cheese
1. Create a blonde roux with flour and butter in a saucepan.
2. Add spices. Gradually add in milk and beer while whisking.
3. Add mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
4. Bring to a gentle boil. Gradually add cheeses.
5. Let simmer for 10-15 minutes. Enjoy!
When enjoying Shiner Bock this holiday season, please remember to drink responsibly and drive safe.
Have any other Shiner Beer recommendations? Let us know in the comments below.
Shiner, which has been independently owned since 1909, is brewed at the Spoetzl Brewery in Shiner, Texas. To learn more about Shiner, click or tap here.