RECIPE: No-Bake Peanut Butter Cup Protein Bars
The advertiser paid a fee to promote this sponsored article and may have influenced or authored the content. The views expressed in this article are those of the advertiser and do not necessarily reflect those of this site or affiliated companies.
Recipe: No-Bake Peanut Butter Cup Protein Bars
Prep time: 5 minutes, total time is 25 minutes, makes 12 bars
- 1 cup natural smooth peanut butter (only ingredient should be peanuts)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- In a large bowl combine peanut butter and honey.
- Add in protein powder and oat flour
- It should come together into a ball and batter slightly dry.
- Place a large piece of plastic wrap over an 8x8 inch baking pan and cover the sides with nonstick spray along the sides.
- Put batter into the pan and flatten with hands so it fills the entire pan. Make sure it's flat and even.
- Place in freezer for 20 minutes.
- While bars are in the freezer, melt chocolate chips in the microwave, heat in 20-second increments until smooth.
- Remove bars from the freezer and lift out of the pan using the plastic wrap.
- Cut into 12 bars.
- Using a knife spread the chocolate onto bars, or place in a Ziploc bag and cut off a corner and drizzle over bars.
- Allow chocolate to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
- You can grind oats yourself or buy packaged oat flour.
For more recipes, visit healthtexas.org or call 210-731-HTMG.
Sponsored article by HealthTexas Medical Group.
Copyright 2019 by KSAT - All rights reserved.