SAN ANTONIO – Thousands of San Antonians were looking up Wednesday as the Air Force’s Thunderbirds took to the sky as part of America Strong, a recognition and show of national solidarity during the COVID-19 pandemic for healthcare workers, first responders and other essential personnel.
Many residents watched from home, online or select areas of the city where it was safe to socially distance.
While most everyone else was looking up, the Thunderbird pilots were looking down on the city and now you can see San Antonio and Austin from their point of view.
Other Thunderbird articles from KSAT:
- Great pics, videos of Thunderbirds flyover sent in by KSAT viewers
- Man captures heart-stopping video of San Antonio Thunderbirds flyover from top of 500-foot tower
- GMSA anchors Leslie Mouton, Mark Austin have flown with the Thunderbirds, here’s how they describe it
- Thunderbirds squadron’s origins traced to Kelly Field
- WATCH: Thunderbirds fly over San Antonio to thank front line responders to coronavirus pandemic