VIA Transit will run on modified schedule Monday through Wednesday due to inclement weather

Four bus routes will not be in use during that time frame, the company says

VIA Bus (VIA Metropolitan Transit)

SAN ANTONIO – VIA Metropolitan Transit bus routes will follow a Sunday schedule on Monday through Wednesday, due to the worsening winter weather conditions in the San Antonio region.

The company announced the route changes Sunday afternoon in a release.

VIA officials said four bus routes — 6, 509, 605, and 660 — that do not offer a Sunday schedule will not be in use.

All VIA transit services will not be operating, beginning at 6 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 14, through 12 p.m., Monday, Feb. 15. This is during the most severe part of the winter weather.

Routes will run on their Sunday schedules from noon on Monday through the end of Wednesday, the company said in a release. The routes will return to its regular schedules on Thursday, Feb. 18.

VIAtrans and VIA Link on-demand schedules will be unchanged Tuesday and Wednesday. However, all service modes are being effected by the hazardous winter weather, according to VIA officials.

Below are the route schedule changes for this week:

VIA schedule changes for Sunday, Feb. 14, through Thursday, Feb. 18. (VIA)

Customer Information phone lines will be open during regular operating hours, from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m., Monday through Wednesday, according to VIA.

To change or cancel a scheduled VIAtrans trip, visit VIAinfo.net/VOS to log on to your VIAtrans online account or call (210) 362-5050.

Stay Informed

As always, Your Weather Authority team will keep you updated. You can get the very latest forecast anytime by bookmarking our weather page and downloading the KSAT Weather Authority App - available for both Apple and Android devices.

Also on KSAT: