Man killed, another wounded in shooting at East Side apartment complex, San Antonio police say

Shooting reported at Alsbury Farms Apartment Homes at 231 Noblewood Dr.

SAN ANTONIO – San Antonio police say one man was killed and another man was wounded during a shooting at an East Side apartment complex.

The shooting was reported at the Alsbury Farms Apartment Homes at 231 Noblewood Drive.

Investigators say that officers responded to a shooting in progress around 2 p.m. and found a man, believed to be between 20-25 years old, with a gunshot wound to the head. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police said that there is no information about the suspects involved. It is unclear what led up to the shooting. However, officers are reviewing area security footage of the incident as the investigation continues.

Additionally, police also said another man was hit by gunfire during the shooting, but he left the scene on foot. Investigators are unsure what role he played in the incident.

An outreach group known as Stand Up SA was in the crowd hoping to help contain the violence from spilling over into retaliation. The group made up of people with a criminal history are now working in that same community. They are known now as violence interrupters to help de-escalate scenes and encourage the community to speak-up to stop violence from spreading.

This is a developing story. Stay with KSAT 12 both online and on-air for more information.

Also on KSAT:

About the Authors

David Ibañez has been managing editor of KSAT.com since the website's launch in October 2000.