Wintry weather has prompted many local school districts to close and now many city and county services are following suit.
Temperatures Tuesday and Wednesday are expected to be near or below freezing in areas north of San Antonio and parts of the Hill Country.
A winter storm warning has been issued for Bandera, Edwards, Kendall, Kerr, Real, Blanco, Comal, and Guadalupe counties, running from noon Monday through noon Wednesday. Because of possible ice accumulations, drivers should be careful with slick spots on the roadways, especially on bridges and overpasses.
The following businesses and services have announced early dismissals, delays, and cancellations.
- Alamo - The Alamo will have a delayed opening Wednesday. Officials said the Alamo is expected to open at 11 a.m.
- Bexar County Offices - Emergency and essential infrastructure services personnel will report as usual to their assigned work locations.
- CentroMed Clinics - All CentroMed clinics in San Antonio, New Braunfels, Converse, Schertz, Cibolo and Somerset are closed.
- Centro Fitness Gyms - All San Antonio locations will be closed Wednesday, Feb. 1.
- City of Boerne - City of Boerne facilities, including City Hall, Library and Visit Boerne will close at noon on Tuesday, Jan. 31 and remain closed on Wednesday, Feb. 1. A city spokesperson said the city will operate a warming center at the Patrick Heath Public Library (451 N. Main Street) from 9 a.m. - 7 p.m. Monday, Jan. 30 through Wednesday, Feb. 1.
- City of Cibolo - City public-facing offices will be closed on Wednesday, February 1, including City Hall, City Hall Annex, Cibolo Animal Services, and the front lobby of the Cibolo Police Department.
While the front lobby of the Cibolo Police Department will be closed, police operations and services will continue as normal.
- City of Kerrville - City municipal offices, the Butt-Holdsworth Memorial Library, the Parks and Recreation Department office located at Kerrville-Schreiner Park, Development Services, and Municipal Court will remain closed Wednesday, Feb. 1, due to weather conditions.
- City of Seguin - City offices will be closed Wednesday, Feb. 1, and we will re-open at 10 am Thursday, Feb. 2.
Garbage and recycling routes will NOT be collected on Wednesday, Feb. 1. Wednesday routes will be collected on Thursday; Thursday routes collected on Friday and Friday routes collected on Saturday.
- City of Terrell Hills - City Hall will be closing Tuesday, at 2 p.m. City Hall will reopen on Thursday at 8 a.m. There will be no recycling pickup on Wednesday.
- Hill Country H-E-B’s - Due to hazardous winter weather conditions, H-E-B will close the following stores in the Hill Country at 9 p.m. Tuesday and reopen at 8 a.m. Wednesday.
- Kerrville (all stores) - Fredericksburg - Boerne - Bulverde
The following stores in Central Texas will close at 6 p.m. Tuesday and reopen at 8 a.m. Wednesday.
- Buda - Kyle Plus! - San Marcos (all stores) - Wimberley
No San Antonio stores were listed in the closures.
🚨 Weather Update 🚨— JointBaseSanAntonio (@JBSA_Official) January 31, 2023
All JBSA commissaries are closed.
Exchange info:JBSA-LAK: only the Express and North Loop will be open, to close by 1700.
JBSA-RND: only the home and garden is open, to close by 1700.
JBSA-FSH: Walters Express is open but all other Exchanges closed.
Lytle City Offices - City of Lytle will delay the opening of city hall on Wednesday. The library and animal control will open at 1 p.m. In case of a utility emergency call the public works department at 210-251-8578.
New Braunfels Utilities - New Braunfels Utilities lobbies and drive-through will delay opening until 10 a.m. Wednesday. New Braunfels Utilities’ customers can report an outage by calling the 24-hour Control Center at 830-629-4628.
Social Security Administration Office - The following offices will not open to the public for in-person services Wednesday:
- San Antonio Northwest – 411 Richland Hills Dr.
- San Antonio Central – 402 Isom Rd
- San Antonio Downtown – 727 E Cesar Chavez Blvd
- San Antonio South – 3438 E Southcross Blvd
- San Antonio ODAR
- San Marcos
Appointments and phone services will continue, any in-person appointments will continue via telephone.
South Texas VA Clinics - All South Texas Veterans Health Care System outpatient services in San Antonio, Kerrville and Victoria Outpatient Clinics will be closed Wednesday.
University Health: While the hospital remains open, the hospital is revising hours of operation for some of its outpatient services.
- ExpressMeds will close at 6 p.m. this evening and open at 8 a.m. Wednesday morning.
- University Health dialysis centers will have a delayed start, opening at 7:30 a.m.
- The Robert. B. Green Ambulatory Surgery Center will have a delayed start Wednesday, with patients arriving at 9 a.m. and surgeries starting at 10 a.m. Surgeries at other locations will continue as scheduled.
- University Health Transplant clinic will open at 9 a.m. Wednesday morning.
- All other University Health clinics in the community will open at 8 a.m. Wednesday morning.
Workforce Solutions Alamo Career Centers
With active weather this week and ice potentially impacting the Hill Country, Your Weather Authority will continue to update you. We’ll send notifications right to your phones, and you can see the forecast and check the radar by downloading the KSAT Weather Authority App for Apple or Android. 📱 Be sure to allow notifications for updates, including livestreams from KSAT meteorologists.
- Read more from the meteorologists on the Whatever the Weather page.
- Download KSAT’s weather app for customized, accurate forecasts in San Antonio, South Texas or wherever you are.
- Find the latest forecasts, radar and alerts on the KSAT Weather Authority page.