A Florida man who was short on cash allegedly Googled "how to rob a bank" before actually robbing a bank Thursday.
The Miami Herald reports William Joe Johnson, 26, was found at an Express Inn by police Monday, where they questioned him about the robbery. The bank teller told police the man had a gun and left with an undisclosed amount of cash.
- Woman gets jail time for waving gun at son's barber
- Man suffers burns putting on flaming jersey after losing Cowboys v. Greenbay bet
- Man tries to avoid paying bar tab by calling in bomb threat
- Virginia couple wins North American Wife Carrying Championship
- Former NHL player gets belligerent, demands cocaine on flight
Johnson admitted to the robbery and the Google search. According to the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office, Johnson spent the money on rent, bills and a drug binge.
Johnson was booked into Pinellas County Jail on robbery charges.