Pumpkin & Pancetta Fettucine Alfredo
Prep Time: 20 Min. Cook Time: 25 Min.
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 oz pancetta, *5 oz. or roughly 1/2 cup diced, or cubed small
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 3/4 cup(s) Cosi Comme Pumpkin Cream
- 1 1/4 cup(s) heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup(s) parmesan cheese, shredded or grated
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Cook your fettuccine according to package instructions, drain and set aside. (You can add a little olive oil to the cooked pasta to keep it from sticking if you make the pasta ahead of time).
- In a large non-stick sauté pan add the olive oil and pancetta and stir fry until the pancetta has started to crisp up a bit. (4-5min).
- Add the garlic to the pancetta and stir fry until the garlic just starts to turn a light tan color (1-2min).
- Add in the Sherry vinegar to deglaze the pan then let it reduce completely before proceeding.
- Add in the pumpkin cream and heavy cream bring to a simmer and then add the cooked pasta, toss to combine and cook until the sauce is thick. Add in the parmesan cheese and fresh chopped basil. Toss to coat and season with salt and pepper to taste.