88ºF

Man accidentally sets his house on fire

Homeowner turns on heater prior to taking shower

SAN ANTONIO – A man trying to keep warm during a shower accidentally set his house on fire Tuesday morning.

Fire officials said the man turned the heater on at his home on Storeywood near West Avenue before he got into the shower around 9:30 a.m.

Flames broke out and the man tried to put them out himself but the fire spread through the attic, fire officials said.

Firefighters were able to contain the flames to the attic.

The man made it out OK.

There was no immediate word on a damage estimate.


About the Author: