Neighbors noticed distinct smell prior to NW Side apartment fire
Electrical issue suspected in fire at PARC at Wall Street apartments
SAN ANTONIO – An electrical issue likely caused a fire inside a unit at an apartment complex on the city's Northwest Side, San Antonio firefighters said.
The fire was reported just before 7 a.m. Wednesday at the PARC at Wall Street apartments in the 11700 block of Wall Street.
Firefighters said when they arrived, they found flames coming from inside the bedroom.
A neighbor on the second floor of the building said he and his roommates smelled something just before hearing the fire alarm.
"I smell plastic, I smell smoke," said Jose Carlos Violeta, an apartment resident. "We went around. We went to check on the apartment, and there's a wreath on it, and we knocked on it a lot of times. We weren't hearing anyone but the alarm."
San Antonio police officers broke down the apartment door to get inside the unit.
"When that door kicked open, there was nothing but smoke in that apartment," Violeta said.
The residents were not home.
No injuries were reported and a damage estimate wasn't immediately available.
Copyright 2019 by KSAT - All rights reserved.