H-E-B rolls out new hours for pharmacy delivery, Senior Support Line
Nearly 50 San Antonio stores eligible for free pharmacy delivery
SAN ANTONIO – H-E-B has decided to shift delivery hours for pharmacy and senior customers as more and more Texas cities issue tighter restrictions to help slow the spread of the novel coronavirus.
Starting March 23, pharmacy delivery from select stores will be available from 8 a.m.-3 p.m. and Saturday delivery will be offered from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Hours for the majority of in-store pharmacies will remain 8 a.m.-8 p.m. for weekdays, with normal weekend hours.
The pharmacy delivery services will be free in select areas and someone 18 or older must be present to sign for the delivery, according to H-E-B.
Nearly 50 H-E-B stores in the San Antonio area are eligible for delivery. To see a full list of eligible stores, click here.
The grocer’s Senior Support Line, a delivery program that caters to customers 60 and older, will also see new hours this week.
Starting Monday, the service will operate from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. The hours were originally 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
COVID-19, the respiratory disease caused by the new virus, stands for coronavirus disease 2019. The disease first appeared in late 2019 in Wuhan, China, but spread around the world in early 2020, causing the World Health Organization to declare a pandemic in March.
MORE CORONAVIRUS COVERAGE FROM KSAT:
- Explained: San Antonio, Bexar County issue ‘Stay Home, Work Safe’ order. Here’s what that means.
- Here’s what we know about the confirmed COVID-19 cases in San Antonio
- Map: Track COVID-19 cases in Texas, county-by-county updates
- ‘We have community transmission now.’ Bexar County changes tactics from containment to mitigation
- Unemployment claims are soaring. What to do if you lose your job
- Map: Where San Antonio-area students can find free school meals during closures
- Texas governor bans dine-in eating, gatherings of 10+ through April 3
- SAQ: Your coronavirus questions answered
- Explained: New declarations of emergency issued in San Antonio and Bexar County
- 8 ways to help your fellow San Antonians during coronavirus pandemic
- The ultimate coronavirus guide: From preparedness and prevention to testing and treatment
- Track live coronavirus updates in the US, globally with real-time maps of confirmed cases, deaths
- Social distancing and hungry? These San Antonio-area restaurants are offering To-Go deals
Copyright 2020 by KSAT - All rights reserved.