SAN ANTONIO – A taco restaurant on the city’s Northwest Side was ordered to go through a re-inspection last month after gnats were found in several areas of the establishment.
Tia’s Taco Hut, located in the 5700 block of Babcock Road, received a score of 79 after gnats were discovered where soda was stored, around the ice machine and near an adjacent small storage room.
The restaurant was also told to repair a large hole near a sink to prevent nest sites for pests and rodents.
- 100-90 = A (Very Good to Acceptable)
- 89-80 = B (Acceptable to Marginal)
- 79 or lower = C (Marginal to Poor)
Metro Health indicates that scores of 69 or lower are failing scores
Other scores this week:
- Aladdin, 15503 Babcock Rd., 100
- Big Star Food Mart, 2803 Vance Jackson, 100
- Subway, 8181 Tezel Rd., 100
- Sushi Zushi, 9867 IH 10 West, 100
- Snooze AM Eatery, 11225 Huebner Rd., 99
- Gordo’s Tacos on the Run, 13587 Donop Rd., 98
- Spicy Ginger Asian Cafe, 8806 Bandera Rd., 98
- Jenny’s Authentic Mexican Food, 8035 Culebra Rd., 97
- BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse, 5447 W. FM 1604 North, 95
- Saeb Thai & Noodles, 226 W. Bitters Rd., 95
- Los Guero’s Taco Diner, 20323 Huebner Rd., 93
- Alamo Molino, 2512 S. Hackberry St., 92
- El Chaparral Mexican Restaurant, 2838 N. FM 1604 East, 91
- Culebra Meat Market, 5500 Babcock Rd., 88
- Texas Hamburger Co., 9010 Huebner Rd., 88
- Esmeralda’s Meican Restaurant, 8750 S. Presa St., 87
- Pizza Hut, 1926 Goliad Rd., 87
- Real Pho Restaurant, 11223 Potranco Rd., 87
- La Grande Tortilleria, 1622 Pleasanton Rd., 85
- Culebra Super Meat Market, 1662 Encino Rio, 80
- Tia’s Taco Hut, 5730 Babcock Rd., 79
For food establishment complaints in the city of San Antonio, send an email to Metro Health or call 210-207-8853.