Need to report a traffic light that’s out or a fallen tree in the road? Call 311 to report in San Antonio.

If you spot a downed power line, call CPS Energy

File: Street light (Pexels)

SAN ANTONIO – With temperatures in the San Antonio area dropping into the teens Friday morning, city leaders want to make sure residents know who to call if there is an issue that needs to be addressed.

Unlike some past winter storms, this one did not bring any precipitation — which would have made matters much worse.

Recommended Videos

Still, strong winds can cause problems.

If you come across a traffic light that isn’t working or a fallen tree that is blocking the road, city leaders say you should call 311. That number is normally available seven days a week from 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. and on holidays from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. The hours will be extended on Friday until midnight due to the freezing temperatures.

You can also call 210-207-6000.

If you come across a downed power line, do not touch it or go near it and call CPS Energy for help. The number is 210-353-4357.

You can see the CPS Energy outage map here.

While San Antonio has been spared of any major power outages so far, some residents in Bandera and Gillespie counties are experiencing power outages due to the below-freezing temperatures.

Also on KSAT:

About the Author

Julie Moreno has worked in local television news for more than 25 years. She came to KSAT as a news producer in 2000. After producing thousands of newscasts, she transitioned to the digital team in 2015. She writes on a wide variety of topics from breaking news to trending stories and manages KSAT’s daily digital content strategy.

Recommended Videos