TxDOT discusses East Side I-10 improvements at community meeting
SAN ANTONIO – Officials with the Texas Department of Transportation met with East Side community members Thursday to discuss proposed improvements to Interstate 10.
TxDOT said the improvements are proposed for a stretch of I-10 East from Foster Road to 1,000 feet east of Graytown Road.
Thursday's meeting took place at True Vision Baptist Church, where community members had the opportunity to look at concept drawings and offer feedback.
TxDOT said the proposed improvements include:
- Conversion of two-way frontage roads to one-way
- Reconfiguration of entrance and exit ramps
- Construction of a new overpass at Woodlake Parkway
- Construction of a new at-grade intersection at Graytown Road
- Intersection improvements at Foster Road, FM 1516 and Loop 1604
TxDOT spokeswoman Laura Lopez said the goal is to begin making the improvements next year.
There is currently no funding for the projects, but TxDOT is in the planning stage.
Copyright 2015 by KSAT - All rights reserved.