Man on parole for child sex crime arrested again on same charge

Marquise Anton Moore, 34, had been on parole for sexual assault of a child charge

SAN ANTONIO – A San Antonio man was arrested Monday morning for the alleged sexual assault of a child at a home in east Bexar County.

According to Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar, Marquise Anton Moore, 34, had been on parole since September for the same charge when he was arrested.

“This suspect … is nothing short of a career criminal,” Salazar said at a press conference.

According to the sheriff, BCSO received a call around 6:20 a.m. Monday from someone at the home where the alleged incident occurred.

The caller said someone caught Moore committing a sex act with the child around four hours before calling BCSO.

After he was allegedly caught in the act, Moore took away cellphones from everyone in the home to prevent them from calling authorities, Salazar said.

That’s when Moore apparently took a large amount of sleeping pills in an effort to harm himself, Salazar said.

Moore fell asleep, and that’s when someone in the home got a phone and called authorities.

The suspect will be booked into the Bexar County Jail for aggravated assault of a child.

His bond amount is unknown at this time.

“My hope is to keep this subject behind bars,” Salazar said.

Listen to Sheriff Javier Salazar’s press conference in the video player below:

About the Authors

Mason Hickok is a digital producer trainee at KSAT. He graduated from the University of Texas at San Antonio with a communication degree and a minor in film studies. He also spent two years working at The Paisano, the independent student newspaper at UTSA. Outside of the newsroom, he enjoys the outdoors, walking his dogs and listening to podcasts.

Joe Arredondo is a photojournalist at KSAT 12.