SAN ANTONIO - A Northside Independent School District elementary school was evacuated Monday morning due to a possible gas leak.
Students, teachers and staff at Kallison Elementary were asked to go outdoors around 10:40 a.m. as crews determined where the odor was coming from, said Northside ISD spokesman Barry Perez.
A malfunctioning valve appears to be the culprit, and it is expected to be repaired soon, Perez said.
Parents are allowed to pick up their children if they want, Perez said.
Copyright 2019 by KSAT - All rights reserved.