Sparks fly at East Side home
Fire started at meter box of home on Tomrob
SAN ANTONIO – An electrical issue is blamed for a house fire on the East Side late Wednesday night.
Fire crews were called to the 300 block of Tomrob just before 9 p.m.
The homeowner said her power went out and when she went outside to check on the problem, her roof was on fire and electrical sparks were flying everywhere.
The woman and her two small dogs got out of the home safe and firefighters put out the blaze a short time later.
Officials say the fire started at the meter box. Damages were estimated between $15,000 to $20,000.
Copyright 2012 by KSAT.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.