Fire breaks out at southside home
A close call for two residents on the city's southside after their house went up in flames
San Antonio – The fire broke out around 2 o'clock Saturday afternoon in the 200 block of Sussex.
One of the men that lives there says his neighbor alerted him about the fire in back of the house.
The man crawled out of the home to safety as the fire spread quickly from the back to the boiler room up to the attic.
Crews contained the damage to that area keeping it from the other rooms in the house.
Fire officials say they believe the fire started in the vent of a dryer and are estimating that the house sustained about $30,000 worth of damage.