2 displaced from home due to fire caused by light fixture

Fire occurred just after midnight in 320 block of Edgebrook Lane

SAN ANTONIO – Two people have been displaced from their home following a fire caused by a light fixture, San Antonio firefighters said Wednesday.

The fire was reported just after midnight at the home located in the 320 block of Edgebrook Lane, which is found not far from Blanco Road on the city's North Side.

Firefighters said the fire was first started by a light fixture on the back patio. The fire then spread all the way to the attic, fire officials said.

RELATED: Firefighters encounter heavy flames at late-night house fire

RELATED: Fire destroys Northeast Side mobile home, displacing residents

The fire caused roughly $60,000 worth of damage. No one was hurt.


About the Author:

Ben Spicer is a digital journalist who works the early morning shift for KSAT.