Houston Texans star JJ Watt and his wife Kealia Ohai have personally donated $350,000 to the Houston Food Bank.
ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported the donation will provide over one million meals for those in need during the coronavirus or COVID-19 outbreak across the United States.
As of noon Sunday, there were at least 68 confirmed coronavirus cases in Texas.
The JJ Watt Foundation has raised millions to assist the community since its inception.
Watt raised more than $41 million online to help Houston residents in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey.
COVID-19, the respiratory disease caused by the new virus, stands for coronavirus disease 2019. The disease first appeared in late 2019 in Wuhan, China, but spread around the world in early 2020, causing the World Health Organization to declare a pandemic in March.
KSAT CORONAVIRUS CONTINUING COVERAGE:
· Cruise ship passenger quarantined at JBSA-Lackland tests positive for COVID-19
· Patient in San Antonio’s second travel-related COVID-19 case at Methodist Hospital
· H-E-B, Walmart stores closing early to allow time to restock shelves, no need to panic, officials say
· San Antonio school districts providing free, curbside meal service for students during closure
· These events have been canceled, postponed, modified around San Antonio area over coronavirus
· Track live coronavirus updates with real-time map of confirmed cases, deaths
· The ultimate coronavirus guide: From preparedness and prevention to testing and treatment
· SAQ: Your questions answered about the coronavirus
· Texas Gov. Abbott declares statewide emergency over coronavirus pandemic
· Health officials: South Texas blood supply at risk of collapsing due to lack of donations
· What we know: San Antonio tourism hotspots impacted by the coronavirus
Copyright 2020 by KSAT - All rights reserved.