H-E-B announces $2 pay increase for all hourly employees through April 12
Increase is recognition for hard work during pandemic
The pay increase is a recognition of employees’ hard work in recent weeks and will be effective March 16 through April 12.
Consumers have been rushing to H-E-B and clearing shelves despite H-E-B officials mutliple assurances that there is no need to panic-buy items.
Customers have expressed concern after seeing empty shelves at stores, but H-E-B officials say their warehouse is full, and they’re restocking the store shelves daily.
“H-E-B Partners come together during times of crisis to take care of each other and our Customers. This is the Spirit of H-E-B,” a post on the Texas grocer’s Facebook page reads in part. “Texans rely on H-E-B and we rely on our great Partners.”
Nearly 1,300 trucks continuously supply H-E-B stores daily and video shows the Texas grocer has plenty of merchandise.
H-E-B also announced on Friday the Senior Support Line, a new delivery program to support older customers.
COVID-19, the respiratory disease caused by the new virus, stands for coronavirus disease 2019. The disease first appeared in late 2019 in Wuhan, China, but spread around the world in early 2020, causing the World Health Organization to declare a pandemic in March.
MORE CORONAVIRUS COVERAGE FROM KSAT:
- Here’s what we know about the confirmed COVID-19 cases in San Antonio
- Texas governor bans dine-in eating, gatherings of 10+ through April 3
- SA school districts extend closures 2 more weeks amid emergency over coronavirus
- SAQ: Your coronavirus questions answered
- Explained: New declarations of emergency issued in San Antonio and Bexar County
- 8 ways to help your fellow San Antonians during coronavirus pandemic
- The ultimate coronavirus guide: From preparedness and prevention to testing and treatment
- Track live coronavirus updates in the US, globally with real-time maps of confirmed cases, deaths
- Social distancing and hungry? These San Antonio-area restaurants are offering To-Go deals
Copyright 2020 by KSAT - All rights reserved.