Officials release mugshot of man accused of fatally shooting cousin

Kristopher Carraman died hours after shooting

Edison Carraman, 21, has been charged with murder. (KSAT)

SAN ANTONIOUpdate (9 a.m. Monday): San Antonio police have identified the suspect in Kristopher Carraman’s death as Edison Carraman, 21.

Edison Carraman is accused of shooting his 23-year-old cousin in the head around 11:30 p.m. Friday in a drive-by outside a home in the 1800 block of Pyron Ave., police said.

The shooting victim, a father of two young boys, was transported to Brooke Army Medical Center where he later died. Edison Carraman’s charge was upgraded from aggravated assault to murder.

A preliminary report from SAPD states the cousins were having a dispute over a woman.

The family told KSAT 12 News on Sunday that they don’t know why the two men had a disagreement, but Kristopher Carraman wanted to make peace.

Man shot, killed by cousin wanted to make peace, family says

Original story (3:45 p.m. Sunday): A man who died after he was shot in the head last week has been identified by the Bexar County Medical Examiner’s Office.

Kristopher Carraman, 23, died early Saturday at a hospital just a few hours after he was struck in a shooting around 11:20 p.m. Friday in the 1800 block of W. Pyron Avenue.

San Antonio police said several people were hanging out in front of a house when a car pulled up and someone inside opened fire.

SAPD: Woman shot in the ankle in overnight shooting near downtown hotel

A suspect fired several shots at the home, hitting one person in the head, authorities said. Carraman was in critical condition when he was transported to Brooke Army Medical Center but died around 2:30 a.m. Saturday.

Police said the suspected gunman was arrested a few blocks away. The suspect was not immediately identified by police, but officers are the scene said he is a cousin of Carraman.

About the Author:

Rebecca Salinas joined KSAT in the fall of 2019. Her skills include content management, engagement and reporting.