As April is the time to celebrate Fiesta in San Antonio, you can bring the Fiesta party to your kitchen!
H-E-B has all the ingredients you will need to build your perfect taco with far-out flavors.
To help you get started, Chef Charlotte Samuel has a new grilled Mahi taco with a creamy avocado sauce you just have to try!
Interested in free online classes hosted by H‑E‑B chefs? Click or tap here to sign up.
Recipe: Grilled Mahi taco with creamy avocado sauce
12-ounce Mahi Mahi fillet, skin removed and cut into small planks
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon Adams Reserve Fish Rub
6 corn tortillas
1 cup(s) pineapple, chopped
1/2 cup(s) crumble feta
1/4 cup(s) creamy avocado sauce, recipe listed below
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Drizzle half of oil on fish along with the rub.
2. Grill fish for 2 minutes per side or until desired doneness.
3. Meanwhile, brush one side of the tortillas with remaining oil and place on grill, oil side down. Top with feta, pineapple, then a piece of mahi.
4. Once tortilla is toasted remove from grill, top with creamy avocado sauce and serve.
Creamy avocado sauce recipe
1 small serrano pepper (approximately 1/2 oz.), stem and seeds removed
1 1/2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
1 1/2 tablespoon shallots, minced fine
1/2 cup(s) fresh cilantro, leaves only tightly packed
1 tablespoon Grey Poupon Country Dijon Mustard
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 large Hass avocado, pit removed, meat scooped out
1/2 cup(s) sour cream
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup(s) water
1. In a blender, combine serrano pepper, garlic, shallots, cilantro, mustard, cumin, avocado, sour cream, lemon juice and water.
2. Blend until smooth. Sauce should have a thickness similar to hollandaise. If needed, add more water 1 tablespoon at a time to thin sauce to desired viscosity.
3. Season to taste and refrigerate until ready to use.
4. Chef’s Note: I like to substitute this sauce for hollandaise on my poached eggs.
[Related: Try ready-to-go meals, Recipe: Chermoula served with black-eyed peas, Recipe: Sheet pan bruschetta chicken with potatoes, Recipe: Southwestern turkey chopped salad, Recipe: Italian sliced steak tagliata, Recipe: Game day sausage and tater tot nachos, Recipe: Try this heart-shaped ribeye for Valentine’s Day, Recipe: Milk chocolate sea salt cremeux, Recipe: Carrot cake with Butterfinger cream cheese frosting, Recipe: Brown sugar banana bread, Recipe: Try this delicious crawfish boil]
Get more taco recipes and add ingredients to your H-E-B shopping list here.
Click here to shop H-E-B’s 2020 kitchen catalog.