This week on Texas Eats, David visits historic and haunted restaurants across central Texas!
David’s first stop is at an iconic Italian restaurant, Guillermo’s, in downtown San Antonio. He tours the restaurant with Guillermo himself and experiences some firsthand supernatural activity. After the scare, they sample some awesome pizzas, pastas, and cocktails!
Next, David heads to a killer Cajun Tex-Mex fusion spot, BB’s Tex-Orleans. BB’s is based out of Houston and has recently opened in the Alamo City. David talks with owner, Brooks Bassler, about food, family and what makes BB’s special.
Then, David heads North to Dallas to walk The State Fair of Texas and sample some over-the-top fair food items!
Next, David journeys to Austin for some more haunted adventures at The Tavern. He takes a tour through the haunted 3-story tavern and scares up an appetite for some cheesy burgers and delicious bar bites.
Then, it’s back to San Antonio for some authentic Northern-Mexico style cuisine at La Taqueria de Monterrey.
This is surely an episode you do not want to miss!
Restaurants featured this week:
- Guillermo’s - 618 McCullough Ave, San Antonio, TX 78215
- BB’s Tex-Orleans - 5423 W Loop 1604 N, San Antonio, TX 78253
- The Tavern - 922 W 12th St, Austin, TX 78703
- La Taqueria de Monterrey #2 - 6565 Babcock Rd Suite 26, San Antonio, TX 78249
- State Fair of Texas - 3921 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd, Dallas, TX 75210
Follow Texas Eats on Facebook and Instagram.